Junction City WI. - population 439,(demographics) is centrally located and has easy access to a number of larger cities in the area via US Hwy 10, I39 / US Hwy 51 and State Hwy 13 / 34. Living here gives you easy access to travel to and work in any of the following cities:
- Stevens Point
- Wisconsin Rapids
- and many smaller towns and villages in the area
Junction City is also just a short drive to Central Wisconsin Airport in Mosinee.
The Village of Junction City holds a monthly Village Board Meeting on the second Monday of each month at 7:00pm at the village hall, public welcome.
There is a new, fully developed subdivision, Pamaron Meadows Subdivision, where their motto is "Just Like Country" on the east end of the village. Junction City is a great place to build that new dream home or, there are opportunites to purchase an existing home in this quite, friendly village to raise your family.
Junction City is also a great place to grow your business with low property taxes and easy access to roads and transportation. There are a good number of local employers and small businesses in the area.
Civic Organizations and Other Groups
- Rudolph Volunteer Fire Department and First Responders
- Junction City Lions
- Stevens Point Elks Lodge 641
- Junction City Golden Stars 4H Club
- Girl Scout Troop at Kennedy Elementry School
- Boys and Girls Club of Portage County
- Junction City Little League
- Senior Services Meals on Wheels and Meetings Held at the Park Lodge
- Vietnam Veterans of America
- Junction City Ice Company
- Junction City Sundowners Snowmobile Club
- Focal Point Camera Club of Central WI
- Kennedy Elementry School (Stevens Point School District)
- A U.S. Department of Education Blue Ribbon Award Winner!
- SPASH (Stevens Point Area Senior High)
- UWSP - University of Wisconsin, Stevens Point
- UW Marathon Co - University of Wisconsin, Marathon Co.
- UW Marshfield / Wood Co - University of Wisconsin, Marshfield/Wood Co.
- MSTC - Mid-State Technical College
- NTC - Northcentral Technical College
- St. Paul's Lutheran Church, LCMS
- St. Michael's Hall and Catholic Church
- New Hope Community Church (our local food pantry)
- There are many hospitals and clinics located in all major cities near by, all within a 15 to 40 minute drive, including:
- Ministry Health Hospital
- Aspirus Hospital
Area News and Information
- TDS - Phone, Internet and Satellite Services
- Wisconsin Public Service - Gas and Electric
- WHEP - Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program
- FS Cooperative (Propane)
- Advanced Disposal Pick Up Information
Federal and State Lawmakers
- Julie Lassa - State Senate
- Nancy VanderMeer - State Assembly
- Tammy Baldwin - US Senate
- Ron Johnson - US Senate
- Ron Kind - US Representative
- Sean Duffy - US Representative